Featured post

Monday 23 September 2019

About tigers...

Many years ago, when I was still at the National School of Arts, (Die Kruin) South Africa, we had a very interesting prescribed book for the German language. The story was about a tiger in India, and how it was considered a very sacred animal in their culture. The book fascinated me endlessly and I found the tiger to be one of the most beautiful animals in the world. Not only did the story about the tiger introduce me to the Indian culture, but also how one needs to preserve these nearly extinct species for the future!

As an animal lover, especially for anything 'catlike',  I challenged myself to draw the tiger in pastel pencils. I was pretty pleased with this one... :)


Illustration of a tiger
Size:A3 framed
Medium: Pastel Pencil on Clairefontaine Pastelmat
Photography: Jason Morgan, with kind permission
© Artwork by Astrid Keus (June 2019)

No comments: