Featured post

Friday 13 March 2020

Swimming through the unknown...

Dear reader,

For the entire world, the Corona virus is something of a new development. We don't really know where it came from, how it mutates or where it is going to end. So, until such time we know how to treat it, we swim amidst the current, take the necessary precautions and hope and pray that we survive the ordeal.

Most of us are currently housebound or semi-housebound working from home. I am in the fortunate position to have a computer where I can connect with my dad on the other side of the country and share some of the works I make. At the same time, I can keep tabs on his happenings and whereabouts. (Trust me, he gets up to mischief!)

This morning, while waiting for some other projects to dry, I painted this fish below. It started as a wet-on-wet water colour project but soon the imagination took over and I rendered the painting with charcoal and Posca pens. Quite happy with this one! :)

 I just love the way pigments of different mediums flow and catalize with each other... It's almost like watching a scientific process! For me making art is not just about the end-result, it is a process and sometimes meditative experience which leaves me totally relaxed and in awe. It was a good meditative exercise and gave new insight in the combination of different techniques.

Hope you have a super weekend, till next time,
Astrid




Watercolour and mixed medium on A3 paper  
© Artwork by Astrid Keus (March 2020) 
Resources: Ana Santos

No comments: